We are a school that provides an exciting and challenging learning experience for pupils aged 2½ to 19 who have severe and profound learning difficulties. We currently have a vacancy for a:
You will be part of the class team supporting the pupils with eating, personal care and leisure time.
Monday to Friday 12.00-1.30 term time only.
1. To supervise pupils at lunchtime whether indoors or outside in accordance with the instructions of the Class Teacher or Teaching Assistant.
2. To carry out lunchtime duties as directed. This will include:
- Assisting pupils to follow individual self help programmes.
- Helping to implement and supervise constructive use of play and leisure time.
3. To mop up and wipe spillage from the floor surfaces or meal tables, and ensure that the dining area is left in a tidy condition.
4. To ensure that any injury or sickness of pupils is reported immediately to the First Aider or Class Teacher and the office. (Where appropriate, administer basic first aid and record all details in the first aid book.) To clean up after sickness of children.
5. To follow individual toileting and personal hygiene guidelines respecting pupils and ensuring their dignity is maintained at all times.
6. Ensure personal understanding of general lifting techniques and specific methods of lifting individual children.
Rate of pay £9.18 per hour
If you are interested in this position, please contact the school office on 01424 217720 to arrange a ‘taster session’. This is when you spend a day in school to find out more about Glyne Gap School and our pupils.
Glyne Gap School is
committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. To achieve our
commitment, we will ensure continuous development and improvement of robust
safeguarding processes and procedures that
promote a culture of safety.